In collaboration with the Regional Children's Advocacy Centers, the Advocate's Role in the Multidisciplinary Response to Child Abuse training is intended to fulfill the 24.0 hours of core training for victim advocates required in the National Children's Alliance Standards for Accredited Members. This training covers the nine competencies set forth in those standards and will include evaluation of an increase in skills and knowledge in those attending the training. There is no cost to participate.
This training is appropriate for all advocates that take part in providing the constellation of services to children that are served by a children's advocacy center (CAC) across the country including victim advocates employed by the CAC, working at a partnering District Attorney's office, and/or staff of a community-based organization.
- Sara Lee, MS, Program Manager - MRCAC
- Michele Mullen, LCSW, Training Specialist - NRCAC
- Christina Rouse, Training Integration Specialist - SRCAC
- Salli Kerr, Training Specialist - WRCAC
This training will enable participants to:
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge of the unique role of victim advocates in responding to the needs of children and families
- Understand strategies to engage and empower supportive caregivers in their own healing and support of child maltreatment/abuse victims
- Increase understanding of multi-disciplinary team dynamics and implications for victim advocates as integral and active team members
This course includes four 5-hour sessions of live instruction via Zoom and approximately 4 hours of independent pre/post work to complete 24.0 hours total of instruction. This training will be offered four (4) times annually with different start times due to the national audience and different time zones. Applications will open one at a time. Please see upcoming trainings available for 2022 below. Additional dates will be posted once they are finalized.
Cohort #7 | Accepting Applications August 2022
Sessions will occur Wednesday and Thursday: 7:00am-1:00pm PT | 8:00am-2:00pm MT | 9:00am-3:00pm CT | 10:00am-4:00pm ET
- Session 1: September 14, 2022
- Session 2: September 15, 2022
- Session 3: September 21, 2022
- Session 4: September 22, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
We are not currently accepting applications at this time. To be notified when applications open for upcoming cohorts, please join our mailing list. If you are located outside the northeast region, please subscribe to your Regional Children's Advocacy Center's mailing list to be notified when applications open.
For more information and additional inquiries please contact Michele Mullen at Michele@nrcac.org
Please note: NRCAC staff is able to provide training to the northeast region - Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. If you have a request for training and you are outside of the northeast region, please contact your region for guidance.
CACs can advocate for both the child and the model.